Reach your destination healthy
To minimise the risk of infection from coronavirus at the airport, Cologne Bonn Airport is implementing a series of protective measures. Please be considerate and help protect yourself and others. Thank you.
Safely through the terminal
Masks are mandatory throughout the entire terminal
It is mandatory to wear a mask or alternative mouth and nose cover throughout the terminal. Masks, disposable gloves and hand disinfectants are available at various locations in the terminals.
- Please pay attention to ground markings and signs.
- Also pay attention to safety distances at check-in, the security checkpoint, in waiting rooms, shops and when boarding.
- The staff will inform you about changes in procedures and special precautions.
The Airport Business Lounge, the visitor terrace and the prayer room in Terminal 2 will remain closed until further notice.
Very important: Hygiene
- Wash hands regularly and thoroughly with soap (at least 30 sec.).
- Use an elbow or handkerchief when coughing and sneezing.
There are disinfectant stands throughout the airport. The cleaning intervals of toilets, self-service monitors, stair railings and all surfaces that need to be touched have been increased.
At the security checkpoint
Each passenger is only allowed one piece of hand luggage. All other luggage must be checked in at check-in.
- Please stow all small items in your hand luggage or outer clothing before proceeding to the security checkpoint.
- Please place hand luggage on the belt.
- Disposable gloves and protective masks may be worn in the control.
- Oral and nasal covers or masks may have to be temporarily pulled off during the security check if the security staff asks you to.
On the plane
The guidelines may vary depending on the airline. In principle, however, the following also applies on airplanes: keep your distance and use mouth and nose protection. The airlines have set up up-to-date information pages for many questions that currently concern air travelers.
A list of all airlines at Cologne Bonn Airport can be found here.
We care about your health.
Please help us.
We want you to arrive at your destination healthy and safe. That's why, together with our partners, including the airlines, the federal police and the responsible authorities, we have implemented various safety precautions.
Please follow these instructions and protect yourself, other passengers and employees of the airport. Please do not travel if you, a person in your household or a person you are travelling with shows symptoms of illness typical for the coronavirus (e.g. fever, cough).
For questions on specific protective measures on the aircraft, please contact your airline. The terminal services will also be happy to assist you further at the boarding pass checkpoint or the information desk.
Follow our social media channels for current information and developments:
Please use the following download for all informations about the current hygiene concept.