Your plane is ready for take-off. You, too?
Nowadays, flying is for most people a matter of course, so that sometimes a few formalities necessary for a trip are often forgotten. There are a few things you should check before your journey.
To ensure that your flights – especially international flights – go smoothly, we’ve drawn up a check list for you. Your travel agent, airline or the embassy of the country you’re travelling to can also give you information on whether you need a passport, visa or vaccinations for your destination.
Check the following well in advance of your travel date
- Do you have full insurance cover?
- Are your identity card, passport and any necessary visa still valid?
- Some countries require a passport to be valid for at least a further 6 months!
- Plane ticket
- Driving licence – Will you need an international driving licence?
- Credit card, foreign exchange or traveller’s cheques
- Reservation documents, hotel vouchers, etc.
Travel information of the German Foreign Office
The link below takes you to the website of the Federal Foreign Office. Here you’ll find the entry regulations and immunisation requirements and other information on your destination country. The Airport Company, Flughafen Cologne/Bonn GmbH, shall not accept liability for incorrect information.
Federal foreign office